On the food side of TikTok, there are some seriously delicious and creative trends that you won’t want to miss out on. TikTok’s food hacks are constantly evolving, and while some trends are questionable, there’s a reason why so many of these recipes have gained popularity on the app.
Here are 5 foods trending on TikTok in 2022 that are worth trying!
1. Hailey Bieber’s Strawberry Smoothie
@missremiashten how to make the @Hailey Bieber @Erewhon Market ♬ Peaches – Justin Bieber
Hailey Bieber’s strawberry smoothie has been trending all over social media. However, if you don’t live in Los Angeles and have access to Erewhon Market, you can make it at home! The famous smoothie consists of three parts: a strawberry glaze, coconut cream, and a strawberry smoothie. Supposedly this smoothie will make your skin glow from the inside out! Give this a try and let us know what you think!
2. Homemade Soda
@healthylittlepeach A healthy version of a coke🤯. Saw from @Amanda Jones #healthycoke #balsamicvinegar ♬ original sound – Mac
The latest TikTok craze is a homemade “healthy Coke” that’s made with sparkling water with a splash of balsamic vinegar. Some swear it takes exactly like Coca-Cola, but others say it’s horrible. While you’ll have to try this out for yourself to determine if it tastes like the real thing or not, we hope this gives you the inspiration you need to ditch the sugary sodas and experiment with healthier alternatives!
3. Air Fryer Green Beans
@.cookwithbrooke Air fried green beans #keto #lowcarb #airfryer #vegetables #ketoqueen #yum #foodtiktok #food ♬ original sound – ❁ℬ𝓇ℴℴ𝓀ℯ❁
Did you get an air-fryer for Christmas but haven’t gotten around to using it? If this is the case, vegetables are one of the best foods to cook in an air-fryer! From the crispiness to the convenience, air-fried vegetables are delicious and fats to throw together when you need a snack. Green beans have a mild taste and are rich in vitamins and minerals! The next time you’re craving something with a crunch but don’t want to grab a bag of chips, try this recipe. You can even top them with vegan parmesan cheese for added flavor!
4. Anything Biscoff Flavored
@basicswithbails 5 Ingredient Biscoff Cheesecake Bars 🤤 (that can easily be made vegan) The only ingredients you need – Biscoff Spread Butter (or vegan butter) Cream cheese (or vegan cream cheese) Icing sugar Biscoff cookies Click where it says “See Full Recipe”! Or search Biscoff Cheesecake on the blog at www.basicswithbails.com 👩🏼🍳 #biscoffcheesecake #veganbaking #vegandessert #biscoffspread #biscoffcookies #biscoffdessert #easydesserts #easyrecipesathome #biscoffcake ♬ super freaky girl nicki minaj out now – SUPER [email protected] GIRL OUT NOW !!
Who doesn’t love Biscoff? Also known as “airplane cookies” or “lotus” cookies, they are crispy biscuits with a deep caramel flavor. TikTok has taken Biscoff cookies to the next level and incorporated them into hundreds of creative recipes. From cheesecake to tiramisu, you won’t be able to get enough. Don’t say we didn’t warn you!
5. Coconut Cloud Smoothie
@lydialoo121 My take on the Erewhon Coconut Cloud Smoothie 🦋🐬🧢💙🐳💙🦕🧞♂️🌀 #erewhon #coconutcloudsmoothie #makeasmoothiewithme ♬ original sound – Lydia Keating🍒🍊🍋🍇🍒🍍🍌🥭
Erewhon is a high-end grocery store in LA and they are at it again with their viral, and expensive smoothies! This coconut cloud blue spirulina smoothie has been trending on TikTok and creators have been recreating this concoction at home for half the price. Featuring blue spirulina, coconut cream, avocado, and frozen fruit, people are impressed with its vibrant blue color.
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and essential stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote wise, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!